Project Description:Waverley Gate is the former Headquarter of the General Post Office which was designed by Architect Robert Matheson and opened in 7 May 1866 by Prince Albert. This Grade A Listed Building is situated in Waterloo Place, adjacent to Waverley Railway Station in the heart of the City of Edinburgh. In June 2001, one of UK’s leading property developers, Castlemore acquired the site and commissioned Hugh Martin Partnership to design a high quality modern office building within the existing envelope. Waverley Gate became Europe’s largest facade retention project and Scotland’s largest office scheme with a size of 2.1m Sq ft. The demolition work cost £30m alone and took 2 years to complete. In July 2003, the £60m fast track construction work started and was finished in December 2004.